Wednesday 15 February 2017

Mid-February Report Part 3: Even More Watercolours

©©©Mid-February Report©©©

For my third image I decided to choose one off the 'Healthy Water Ways' website, as they are the people I am working with on this next project. One of the interesting things about this image is its vibrant quality, quite different from the more de-saturated studies I had tried earlier. 
Working on this image I also decided to use water colour paint as well as aquarelle pencils. 

Like the second study, I had a bit of a hard time with the indistinguishable background foliage. I tried to create some definition between the trees and began diverting away from the reference photo to avoid further confusion. To make to image work as a composition I also worked on framing the river by adding greater contrast to the outer trees and by using very light washes for the tree trunks in the center. 

One of the biggest issues I have with this image is the river, which looks like more like a solid surface rather than a transparent one. As well as foliage I will have to also work more on my depiction of water especially as it is key to this project






Final images uses contrast and brightening filters on Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment